Key West Showcase
CALL FOR ENTRIES
On The Wall, Off the Wall
Local Artist Showcase
Opening night July 5th, 6 - 10 pm
Exhibition dates July 5th - August 5th
Application Deadline June 25th.
$10 per submission, limit 3 submissions per artist
About the Organizer:
Effusion Key West
Effusion Gallery originated 15 years ago as a small local art gallery in the historic Art Deco district of South Beach. Now, featuring works from over 60 Miami and international artists, Effusion has come to be known for its vibrant pop aesthetic and tropical art deco vibe.
With the opening of its Key West location last year, Effusion joyfully continues to celebrate all things bright, eclectic and whimsical.
On the Wall, Off the Wall is a juried locals-only art show for two & three-dimensional works. All selected submissions will be showcased and available for purchase in the month long gallery exhibition. Prizes will be awarded for Best in Show as well as a cash prize for People’s Choice (remind your friends to vote!).
Artist Criteria for Submission:
Submitting artists must:
- Be a resident of the lower FL Keys
- Have personally created the submitted artwork
- Be able to drop off and pick up any unsold artwork on designated dates
- Work submitted must be entrants original work
- Copied work will not be accepted
- Artwork must be dry and ready to hang/showcase
- Sculptural wall pieces must be suitably mounted for gallery exhibition
- Artwork must be available for purchase with standard gallery commission (50%).
- No unfinished works
Selection Process & Notification:
Entries will be judged based on digital images submitted via email. All submitted works will be considered by a jury made up of gallery professionals and select outside viewers. Submissions will be evaluated on originality & artistic quality. All artists who submit work for consideration will be notified of the jury decision June 28th.
Submit via email at email@example.com the following informations -
Please include quality photos of works and optional short narrative to accompany the piece.
After receiving your submissions you will receive an online invoice for the $10 submission fees. You can also made them in store. Submissions without payment will not be considered. Submission fee is nonrefundable.
Questions? Please contact Brandie Sager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All decisions of the jurors are final.
- If you are accepted, by submitting your entry you give the exhibitors the right to publish your images for publicity purposes; we may ask select artists to provide higher resolution jpegs suitable for publishing.
- Artists are responsible for delivering the artwork ready-to-show between July 1st - 2nd to the gallery at 701 Duval St. Artists are responsible for picking up unsold work between Aug 6th - 8th from the gallery at 701 Duval St.
- In the event of interest in purchasing art, we will accept artists sale price with 50/50 split between gallery and artist.
- The Gallery is not responsible for damaged artworks.